CISV is looking for committee members to join the National Chapter Development team!
The Chapter Development committee is responsible for the support, training, and development of CISV USA’s Chapters. The committee is charged with seeking out and disseminating ideas and methods for structural and procedural improvement in the areas of effective recruitment, training, placement, and management of volunteers, and for strengthening each Chapter’s membership base. Specific duties are as follows:
- Present workshops or seminars, including training for Chapter presidents and presidents-elect.
- Facilitate a monthly conference call for Chapter presidents.
- Facilitate networking and resource-sharing among Chapter presidents and other Chapter leaders/volunteers.
- Provide assistance to Chapters in need of revitalization, reorganization, or information, as needed.
COMMITTEE CHAIR QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of how a CISV USA Chapter is organized and run.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience with computer presentations.
- Knowledge of resources available to Chapters.
- Good interpersonal skills; open-mindedness.
- Good presentation skills.